Leighton Moss 14-2-2019

I had quite a nice day today but things did not turn out in the end as good, instead of going again tomorrow I have to be rescued one of the cars front wheels is going in the opposite direction just as I pulled up at Travelodge Lancaster M6 car park I phoned rescuemycar up and seeing I am booked for the night I am going to have a rest and a drink and phone them up again in the morning to take me back home :(

Not the best picture taken today but a long shot of a Bittern.

Jim

My Pictures

• Bad luck with the car Jim. A wheel headed in the wrong direction sounds as if it could have been dangerous if you'd have gone any further!
    You did better than me as I didn't see a Bittern all day. Plenty of (long distance) otters though.

Nige   Flickr

• Wish I could have a long shot like that of a Bittern!!!!! I managed a listen to the boom though only last year so mustn't moan:-)

Lot to learn

• In reply to Nigel O:

I was surprised when I saw you walking towards me Nige, I was looking out for some of my FB group but sadly missed them but I bet you saw one he was in lower hide for quit a while :) I saw an otter but it too was to far away and sadly I have to go home instead of another day :( but thinking of it it was better to do it here were I am staying or on the M6 doing 70mph this would have took me right off the road.

Jim

My Pictures

• In reply to gaynorsl:

That's all I heard some years back Gaynor, but it will happen one day for you :)

Jim

My Pictures

• That's still a nice shot Jim.
    A bit of luck with the car you finding the problem in a handy spot.

My Flickr photos

• Pity you had to cut your LM visit down to just the one day but I'd be more than happy with that great in flight shot of the Bittern so well done Jim, I've had very good views of them on the ground but never as yet in flight. I know we chatted on the phone about your car problems but hope you get it sorted and can venture up to LM once again when your car is back up and running. Bad luck in one way but glad it didn't happen in the 3rd lane of the M6.
    Looking forward to your other photos once you get back home and get the car in for repair, good luck.

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• Thanks all, I am gutted the sun is cracking the flags here and I am waiting for recovery to take me back home can't even go down to the canal down the road because they will be here in about an hour :( :( :(

Jim

My Pictures

• In reply to Alan.:

I took some pictures with the mobile Alan, so will upload them when I can with some of the pictures I got at LM that day.

Jim

My Pictures

• Sadly I can't add any pictures now the page is all messed up I can't upload any pictures this is getting out of hand someone needs to pull their finger out and sort this out.

Jim

My Pictures