Beautiful Butterflies 2019

3 days of sunshine & Butterflies galore. Well, not really but we did see 3 Brimstones a Red Admiral & a Peacock. I did get a shot of the Brimstone flying, but I think trying to photograph Butterflies in flight is one of the first signs of madness. Anyway, it's high time I started this thread.

This is the link to last years thread https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196195/beautiful-butterflies-2018/1219455#1219455

• Hazel C said:
    But does it matter??? I'd be proud if someone thought my photos worth nicking. Or do you sell them too? I consider anything I put on public forum as free to all. If someone else has the get up & go to make money from them, then good on them.

Hazel, my photos are taken purely for pleasure, not for a scoundrel to make money from.

With respect to you, and I do appreciate your comments, and the forum, that is my final comment, this is a butterfly thread, not copyright.

• Sorry Mike, didn't mean to upset you, just can't get my head round it.

This is a Small White caterpillar, which managed to cross Rons ash barrier around his recently planted out cabbages & ate one clean off. He brought it in for ID so I popped it in a pot & dropped it off in a field a few miles away.

• Hazel C said:

Sorry Mike, didn't mean to upset you, just can't get my head round it.

Morning Hazel,

You haven't upset me, I was a little worried I may have upset you, or one or two forum users.

We're all individual, some of us, and yes, I'm guilty as charged, have unique notions and ways. I accept your apology, and I'm sure we can move on with any concerns behind us, esp as I'm away for a few days, so I didn't want to leave any sour tastes.

Lovely caterpillar..

• Have a nice break Mike, & yes we're all different & have our little ways.
  • Thanks Alan, we've been seeing a lot of Painted Lady's here too here & did read they were on their way to UK. I think they can track the migration on radar these days. Amazing!
  • Hazel C said:
    Have a nice break Mike, & yes we're all different & have our little ways.

Thank you. 

• Speckled Wood from this morning's walk,         There was a Small Skipper too but fluttered on out of camera reach before I could get a pic.

• gaynorsl said:
    Thanks Wendy, I couldn't get over the amount of butterflies I was seeing today, counted at least 30 P. Ladies on my walk, they were so fast too and rising from just in front of me. Funnily I walked this evening (before the sun set) along a lane where I thought there would be plenty of life but not a thing!!!

Even I had one Painted Lady today Gaynor, bit too high up for decent pic but got this dodgy bit of footage through window ...

• Well done Wendy, going on the forecasts you will be seeing many more over the next few months. I saw my first Comma in the garden today, but no photo, drat. Titch and his son or daughter are having stand offs at the moment too, wish they could live happily alongside each other:-)