Beautiful Butterflies 2019

• Glad the weather is nice and sunny for your LM visit, Hazel. The butterflies must be loving it. Very nice shots. I think the first one is a male Green-veined White. Have fun.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thank so much Tony, I wasn't sure of the ID as didn't see the underside so many thanks for your help. It's been a beautiful day and lots of insects around the reserve. The sound of Warbler songs everywhere was amazing along with the calling Peewits and noisy geese ! Weather looks brilliant for the next few days :)

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Nice spots and pics from all. Not seen any blues at all yet and in fact not much is settling for me so far, but hopefully the sun and warmth will change that.

Nige   Flickr

• Paul, TJ and Hazy, lovely photos of some butterflies not usually seen here.    I managed to get a Large White is it Pieris?  yesterday

Keeping my eyes open for more during this nice weather

Lot to learn

• Lovely photo Gaynor, it looks like a Small White to me by the amount of black on the top corner (Pieris rapae). You should be getting some blues soon too!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Wall, from the east coast today.

My bird photos HERE

• Also from the east coast today, Small Copper.

Next is a Small Heath. It was very difficult to sneak up on so I ended up crawling along the ground to get a photo. When I stood back up one of the clips from my braces pinged off into three pieces, one of which conveniently landed in a small stand of stinging nettles. The things I do for you.!!  :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Great sightings and photo captures Paul,   not seen a Wall butterfly this year but live in hope.      I did catch up with a female Orange Tip today, albeit briefly !

Regards, Hazel 

• Great photos Paul & Hazy! I was suprised we didn't get a photo of a caterpillar or similar found lurking in the stinging nettles Paul, your stories always make me laugh.

I had a couple of butterflies around the moth traps recently which make interesting photos.

A Marsh fritillary

& Glanvilles

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• stunning butterflies and photos Hazel, what beauties you get in France.    

Today I caught up with a few Green Hairstreak butterflies at Foulshaw Moss in Cumbria......

this one had a shadow of a leaf acros the top of one wing  ....................

and a Brimstone butterfly at Leighton moss .....

Regards, Hazel