Do you like my moustache?

• In reply to Alan.:

I've  never seen a black wabbit either especially one with a moustache. Nice capture, Gaynor.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Thanks Alan and TJ, must be an Anglesey speciality, now all I want is to see a young family hopping around the fields.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Gaynor, I look forward to photos of lots of little black bunnies!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Reminds me of some of our pet rabbits - they used to have full run of the garden and would often create nests. This one did take us by surprise as her female partner turned out to be male and presented us with 2 litters :)

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Fine looking Rabbit that one Bob, that seems to be the thing about rabbits, they surprise their owners quite a lot, also gerbils and guinea pigs I understand!!
    Ann - I have been looking daily but no more sightings of the black bunny. Typical:-)

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

You see, he is a stealth bunny after all!!!

Nige   Flickr

Oh, Bob, that is one little cutie! Looks very much like the bunny of friends for whom we bunny-sat whenever they went away--for about 8 or 10 long weekends per year for 7 years. In return, they filled our bird feeders when we were away. We probably had the better deal!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Gardenbirder said:
    Oh, Bob, that is one little cutie! Looks very much like the bunny of friends for whom we bunny-sat whenever they went away--for about 8 or 10 long weekends per year for 7 years. In return, they filled our bird feeders when we were away. We probably had the better deal!

Yes, she was a star bunny. I went out one morning and found this in the bottom of the hutch.

Needless to say we were completely taken by surprised but we obviously twigged that the other female was actually male and he was straight off to the vet. What we didn't know was that rabbis mate as soon as they have given birth. Several weeks later we discovered Smudge at the entrance of one of the holes she would regularly dig up - you can just see one of the second set of  babies suckling. She would immediately seal the burrow after feeding.

So we let her continue until the day she decided not to re seal the hole. That is when we stepped in and transferred the babies from burrow to hutch as we didn't want to risk the local cats getting involved.

A very interesting experience for sure and all 11 babies found new homes.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

Lovely story, Bob. It must have been delightful to have little bunnies, even if only for a short time. And you were fortunate to find homes for them all. Interesting to see the colour variation of the babies. What colour was the Dad?

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Gardenbirder said:
    What colour was the Dad?

This is Peanuts, the proud father.

----------

Cheers,

Bob