I had a walk down to local beach about a week ago and took a few photos

• In reply to Catlady:

Thanks Catlady, today we were out and about doing a beach clean on the other side of the island, so lucky with the weather as it started off damp but improved rapidly to even sunshine and hardly any wind.   My grandson did well, and a spaniel kept him amused also with it's games in the stream running down the beach.  

Lot to learn

• In reply to HAZY:

I don't suppose there is any comparison with LM Hazy:-), unless you strike it lucky and get to see the porpoises swimming by or even the puffins in the summertime.

Lot to learn

• A fine collection of photos and well done for trying the in-flight shot. Even better for getting a great result!

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Thank you Nigel, I can't even say I'm a beginner any more, but I do enjoy the taking of the photos and getting a surprise when I can recognise them when I put them on the computer!   I still remember vividly taking the spool into Boots and waiting for the development, just one thing we can say that has improved over the years!!  

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

I still remember vividly taking the spool into Boots and waiting for the development, just one thing we can say that has improved over the years!!  

Me too, although I had to send mine away as I mainly did slides. Last year I actually scanned and digitised many of them. It was a big advantage, as not only are they easily available on computer but I could remove dust and scratches in Photoshop and even improve colour balance or convert some to B&W, too. Now, I'm even thinking of chucking out the projector! 

Nige   Flickr