I had a walk down to local beach about a week ago and took a few photos

Pair Mallard

Sorry had a fair few more resized ready to post but have message to drag and drop into the editor and am failing to get the two pages up together.

•     View across Bay

On the way home I spied these

Hey, only a flight shot!!!!!

Lovely surprise to find the Curlew so close to home.

• Brave soul Gaynor, will have to look at enlarged pics tomorrow as site is playing up for me today, taking ages to open posts & bombarding with error messages!

• Sounds like a lovely walk Gaynor and great to see your lovely photos.    I think Curlews have to be one of my most favourite wader birds and who can resist the whistle of a Wigeon  !      Thanks for posting up,  always good to see your local coastal area with birdies and keeps reminding me to put Anglesey near the top of our re-visit list again   lol  

• Hi Gaynor, it looks like you made the most of a sunny day & had some lovely sightings. Good to see the scenery too.

• Looked now, fabulous flight shot G!

• Thanks all for your lovely comments.   Down to same Bay today but tide was on its way out and the birds all feeding a distance away, didn't pass the "curlew field"  this time, but must look again in case they are using it frequently.   Had a quick walk just for Sue's sake and then off to a new Ukulele class, that makes four in a week if I take them all up!!    I've decided I'm dropping yoga and taking up walking - just need more time in the day, never mind Spring is definitely on the way, I was buzzed by a large bumble bee walking along the beach path, would it just have travelled over or just woken up in the sunshine I wonder.    

Hazy I am going to a local meeting about the Red Squirrels in Feb., should get to know more areas to point out to you if you should ever get here!.   

• Hazy I am going to a local meeting about the Red Squirrels in Feb., should get to know more areas to point out to you if you should ever get here!.   

Sounds great Gaynor, thanks;    we'll make it over to the little island one day   !!  

• Lovely shots Gaynor, sounds a good idea to give up the yoga and just simply get out and walk, nothing like it on a lovely, crisp, frosty day like today.

• Thanks Catlady, today we were out and about doing a beach clean on the other side of the island, so lucky with the weather as it started off damp but improved rapidly to even sunshine and hardly any wind.   My grandson did well, and a spaniel kept him amused also with it's games in the stream running down the beach.  

• I don't suppose there is any comparison with LM Hazy:-), unless you strike it lucky and get to see the porpoises swimming by or even the puffins in the summertime.