I had a walk down to local beach about a week ago and took a few photos

Pair Mallard

Sorry had a fair few more resized ready to post but have message to drag and drop into the editor and am failing to get the two pages up together.

Lot to learn

•     View across Bay

On the way home I spied these

Hey, only a flight shot!!!!!

Lovely surprise to find the Curlew so close to home.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Lovely set, nice walk and lots of flying Curlews, all in a bit of sunlight .

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Brave soul Gaynor, will have to look at enlarged pics tomorrow as site is playing up for me today, taking ages to open posts & bombarding with error messages!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Sounds like a lovely walk Gaynor and great to see your lovely photos.    I think Curlews have to be one of my most favourite wader birds and who can resist the whistle of a Wigeon  !      Thanks for posting up,  always good to see your local coastal area with birdies and keeps reminding me to put Anglesey near the top of our re-visit list again   lol  

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• Hi Gaynor, it looks like you made the most of a sunny day & had some lovely sightings. Good to see the scenery too.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Very jealous of your Curlew shot Gaynor.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Looked now, fabulous flight shot G!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Thanks all for your lovely comments.   Down to same Bay today but tide was on its way out and the birds all feeding a distance away, didn't pass the "curlew field"  this time, but must look again in case they are using it frequently.   Had a quick walk just for Sue's sake and then off to a new Ukulele class, that makes four in a week if I take them all up!!    I've decided I'm dropping yoga and taking up walking - just need more time in the day, never mind Spring is definitely on the way, I was buzzed by a large bumble bee walking along the beach path, would it just have travelled over or just woken up in the sunshine I wonder.    

Hazy I am going to a local meeting about the Red Squirrels in Feb., should get to know more areas to point out to you if you should ever get here!.   

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Hazy I am going to a local meeting about the Red Squirrels in Feb., should get to know more areas to point out to you if you should ever get here!.   

Sounds great Gaynor, thanks;    we'll make it over to the little island one day   !!  

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• Lovely shots Gaynor, sounds a good idea to give up the yoga and just simply get out and walk, nothing like it on a lovely, crisp, frosty day like today.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.