Common Crossbills and a Red Squirrel

An hour spent locally enabled me to catch up with some Common Crossbills though it was cold and grey, so some high ISO shots. 

As soon as they had gone the sun came out and shone - such is life. Also saw a Red squirrel as i left so took a couple of quick shots. Unfortunately they are becoming too tame and are being fed too much, with food scattered on the ground and left in piles to attract the wrong kind of wildlife- that's in spite of the notices asking people not to feed the Squirrels. . 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Wonderful, Bob--thanks!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Oh gosh, I'm so envious of your Crossbills Bob, it makes me want to go off looking for them here. There are a few places they are around but they all mean a special trip, maybe when I've finished the painting! I love the Cyrils too!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Love Tuffty but those Crossbills are stunning Bob.

My Flickr photos

• The crossbills are lovely wee birds, and they sure are having a feast on the seeds in the cones. The colours of the pine trees and the birds are beautiful, not forgetting the Cyrils, cute or what!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• What a treat to see the Crossbills Bob, very acrobatic and lovely colours against the blue sky,  gorgeous.    The Red Squirrels too make lovely photos, I miss seeing them, none in my garden this year so far.

Lot to learn