Mostly Moths 2019

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Never did find out H & now it's no longer with us ... RIP!

Next new incumbent I think is Cotoneaster Webworm (Athrips rancidella) bit of a pest so I read but will try to rear to see the timy Moth!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Sorry for the last one Wendy. Offhand I'd say your caterpillar is too big for a tiny moth. How long is it?

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• About 12-14 mm!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to Noisette:

Have re-sized this one H ... 

Was rolled up in Buddleia leaves but not pupating ... they make this feeding tent apparently, if it's what I think it is??  Have put Cotoneaster leaves in pot too!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi Wendy, my computer died on friday night & is being revived by a local shop. Will look at the caterpillar tomorrow i hope. This is being done on the old tablet & takes forever! Still no computer got the housework done!

Best wishes

• Well our Moth book is finally out. It's for sale at the moment in the Natural History Museum at La Rochelle, but you have to go in person!! This is the link to the co-Authors site with a few photos of it so I can bask in the glory! LOL

http://www.papillon-poitou-charentes.org/-Lepidopteres-du-Poitou-Charentes-.html

It weighs in around 2,2 Kg & represents 5 years hard labour, with no time off for good behaviour. I'm now working on the update.

This beauty popped in a few nights ago

It's beauty is beyond belief, the texture is like velvet so you want to stroke it (the moth not the book)!

Best wishes

• Well done Hazel looking at it no wonder it took you 5 years.
    I hope you get up to Sheffield for a book signing.

My Flickr photos

• Well it would be better than the one they organised at the Museum at the end of January. A conference with 50 interested members of the public, followed by a book signing session. We (the moth trappers) all turned up, but sadly lack of co-ordination between the publishers & the museum meant that only Volume 1 was there when they opened the boxes. It was very very sad! Nobody thought to check ahead of time.

I think it will be sold eleswhere eventually, hopefully on-line, & maybe free download one day!

Best wishes

• What a stunning looking moth, very nice find and photo. Also well done with the book.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Thanks Hazy (& Alan too) for all your comments over the years which has encouraged me to keep posting my moths on here. It's hard to believe it's been that long since I started with the wine rope!!

Best wishes