Kestrels in the Quarry 2019... Just in time for Xmas!!

Two New Year Wishes ... firstly that Mr K visits tomorrow to start our year off right!

... secondly that a beautiful female appears to sweep Mr K off his feet & into that nest hole!

Thanks for all your support & encouragement during this past year ... 2018 thread here ...  https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196252/kestrels-in-the-quarry-201 

• I went into your Kestrel page and then the double arrows from there Wendy, today there is a notification so an easy click to here hurray. No other notifs though, I might be slow but hadn't realised there had been another Forum update recently to change our way of getting around?
  • Have to confess that I was beginning to worry about Mr K with no sightings since 5th Feb ... wonder where he goes in terrible weather conditions other than here?  So was very pleased & relieved to have a couple of visits from him today ... first spotted on telegraph pole but he then hopped about in various locations over the cliff before entering nest hole ... think he could have been searching for stashed prey!

Didn't manage to catch him flying off from nest & was pleased to see him back later on albeit briefly!

• So glad he came back today Wendy, it has been so horrid with both the rain and gales. It isn't usual for him to eat inside the nesthole is it, he must have been glad of the relative peace and quiet. He looked well anyway and not too ruffled.
  • He's taken quite a shine to using that nest hole in past few months, maybe he lives in hope of a passing female seeing him in his 'des res' Lol
  • It's difficult to imagine he had somewhere more sheltered to go … unless Erik was blowing straight into his nice little hole!
  • I looked out for him regularly during the storm Nige but no sightings, have an excellent view of this nest hole from one of my bay windows during inclement weather but feel sure that Mr K has somewhere more sheltered to use, maybe an old shed somewhere nearby! The nest hole is very shallow & the dog-leg to the right doesn't extend very far so maybe is quite exposed in a South-easterly blow!   So saying, it regularly housed four chicks each year up until 2013 with only the one youngster falling to it's death in that final year (which is buried in my garden)!

• Aw, so pleased that Mr K is okay Wendy and that he returned to his home! We never had the high winds that was forecast but did have the rain! A cracking day now, the sun is out and a little wind, away to get the washing out!
  • Thanks CL, things on the up here in South too, temps in double figures & lots of sun, just cool nights as expected for the forseeable future ... or until something nasty bares it's teeth!
  • Felt sorry for him, not his kind of weather but his eyes were so twinkly today

Bit of birdsong at beginning but shows how windy it was ... caught cam on tripod & knocked view down a bit, nearly missed his trademark poo before fly-off! Lol

• Poor Mr K, he indeed nearly cowped ( as would be said up here) and did he really have to have his trademark poo, right in our faces!! When you watch him, you would almost think he was watching you watching him, and asking " do you have my best side"!