Kestrels in the Quarry 2019... Just in time for Xmas!!

Two New Year Wishes ... firstly that Mr K visits tomorrow to start our year off right!

... secondly that a beautiful female appears to sweep Mr K off his feet & into that nest hole!

Thanks for all your support & encouragement during this past year ... 2018 thread here ...  https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196252/kestrels-in-the-quarry-201 

• Lovely additions Wendy,  it's always good to see the Kestrels whether Mr K or interloper.

WendyBartter said:
    Hi aitch, hope all is going well, will you have to wait long for internet in your interim rented place?

Fortunately,  the place we are renting in the interim, just 3 miles away,  is fully furnished -  also includes Broadband, Sky TV,  and all utility bills which is good as we are over-wintering there   !!   although pity we can't follow the swallows or house martins and head to warmer climes  lol     It is quite a small place compared to this house, which doesn't bother us,    surrounded by countryside and on the same country lane I was born and grew up on.      I noticed house martins were nesting in the eaves of this semi-detached modern barn conversion so I'll feel well at home with birds around me :)     We will move in week Saturday,  a few days before completion of our house sale and two days before removers come to pack our items (into store)  and that way we can see what we need to take over to the rental before packing what is left into store.    It's been ridiculously busy and exhausting but can at least see the light at the end of this long tunnel  LOL     Hopefully, once we move I'll have more time to catch up with posts.    

• Look forward to seeing posts from you from your new (revisited) surroundings, take care both of you!
  • She won't do it Nigel, I've suggested something similar before :-)
  • Didn't realise you had more pics Wendy, now I spy teardrops, and just wonder is it Mr K or not as the markings are not as definite, but again let it moult properly and we'll see, fingers firmly crossed.
  • gaynorsl said:
    She won't do it Nigel, I've suggested something similar before :-)

Too right Gaynor, she definitely won't ... got more sense at my advanced age!! Rofl

• Spoil sport, I'd volunteer to hold the ladder.
  • I agree Gaynor, it's all a very sad state of affairs!! Claims to be mad in one thread and then to have more sense in the next. I just don't know what to believe!!!
  • Just trying the sense thing for size but actually prefer the alternative! Doesn't mean I'm daft enough to climb up TP though!! But I know a man who can! Lol
  • The people you call out when the leccy goes off you mean?!!!!!! If someone else then can't wait for the photos:-)
  • My friendly local electrician/abseiler ... the guy who cleaned out the nesthole a couple of years ago then climbed the TP to trim back all the overhanging branches full of leaves that used to knock into Mr K awhen wind was strong!