Kestrels in the Quarry 2019... 6th Sep ... Surprise, surprise!!!

• Hi Wendy, you have been busy with your video camera unbeknown to me, just found your thread on second page of All Creatures etc., Well ..... I would say humbly that the last photos are of Mr K, and the videos of another Kestrel, an upstart to boot,!! Keep you on your toes anyway, you have too much time on your hands now the frogs, butterflies and moths are settling down:-)

Lot to learn

• Thanks Gaynor ... falling way behind with Kestrel footage as he visited on 3rd & 4th & again yesterday ... working my way through it slowly to see if a definite ID can be made, although I have to say that this male shows very different traits!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hope you get chance to put up a few pics soon Wendy, I am way behind too as my sis-in-law staying for a week and you sort of don't get the opportunity to put up the Forum:-)

Lot to learn

• Nice to have a bit of company Gaynor, plenty of time to catch up on CF when they go back home! Still trying to catch up myself, Kestrel came again yesterday & today but I was out with the boys at local reserve!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Just been watching your latest video of male Kestrel preening Wendy, smashing views, can't find it on here though.

Lot to learn

• Thanks Gaynor, it will be on here very soon!

Sorry for falling behind with posts ... this new male Kestrel was perched on cliffs yesterday morning having a good preen

Funny expression in this one, looks half asleep