Kestrels in the Quarry 2019... Just in time for Xmas!!

Two New Year Wishes ... firstly that Mr K visits tomorrow to start our year off right!

... secondly that a beautiful female appears to sweep Mr K off his feet & into that nest hole!

Thanks for all your support & encouragement during this past year ... 2018 thread here ...  https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196252/kestrels-in-the-quarry-201 

Parents
  • A des res and plenty of food provided by a good looking male, what else can the females in your district want!!!
  • After a very wild night here the wind continued to howl but at least was dry & sunny although not too warm but Mr K had found himself a spot on cliff ledge to the left & slightly below nest hole which appeared completely sheltered ...

First of three quite long vids for the record, this first one shows him trying to cough up a pellet & I was cross to have cam battery die before I could record outcome ...

Returns to same sheltered spot later, not coughing anymore

Mr K manages to lose his head at end of this one! Lol

Last visit of today @ 16.55

He performed for us again ... in slo-mo! Lol

Been so lucky again to have opportunity to study & record this wonderful bird, hope I haven't bored you too much!

• After a very wild night here the wind continued to howl but at least was dry & sunny although not too warm but Mr K had found himself a spot on cliff ledge to the left & slightly below nest hole which appeared completely sheltered ...

First of three quite long vids for the record, this first one shows him trying to cough up a pellet & I was cross to have cam battery die before I could record outcome ...

Returns to same sheltered spot later, not coughing anymore

Mr K manages to lose his head at end of this one! Lol

Last visit of today @ 16.55

He performed for us again ... in slo-mo! Lol

Been so lucky again to have opportunity to study & record this wonderful bird, hope I haven't bored you too much!

Children
No Data