Some photos from December

I'm running a deficit at the moment, where I haven't been able to process all the photos I've taken, let alone put any on here. However, I'm slowly catching up again, so here are a few, starting with a local park and a female Tufty on her side.

Every now and again, it's nice to get a few gulls in-flight. An immature Herring Gull

Another immature one, but this time a Lesser Black-back.

There was even a Common Gull, although I didn't realise it until I got the photos home!

And to complete the set, a Black-headed

Another Herring Gull, but adult.

While I was doing that, the feral doves kept taking flight so I thought I'd get a couple of those as well, as I've never done that before.

I managed to get the neck colours showing really well on this one

Another immature Lesser Black-back, although this one looks like it will be fully adult by spring

A later trip to Pennington produced another female Tufty in beautiful early morning light

That early, before too many people arrive, you can catch a Goldeneye close to shore if you're lucky

I got my Siskins of the winter in the Alders

I only catch up with these occasionally so it was nice to get such a good view

Another Goldeneye, who looks like it has got a cold with that drippy beak!

It's only recently that the number of Goosander has approached normal winter levels. I counted 15 males and 10 red-heads when taking these.

This Song Thrush demanded to have its photo taken but kept getting too close!

And this Teal was in the darkest spot imaginable … except for one ray of sunshine just as it stood up.

That'll do for now, although I have a couple of other trips of waders and waterfowl to do sometime.