Leighton Moss 12/13 -7-2018

Got to Leighton Moss bang on time for the ringing session Hazel and Mike were there just before me we also met a nice couple Mary and Kev who might join our group later, we had lots of birds caught lost count and this time my hands were warm so I was able to let one go, it started to rain so they lowered the nets so not to catch anymore we then had a walk in the reeds were the public were not allowed for a talk then went back to the centre and went our own way for the rest of the day but not before calling into the cafe :)

These are some of the picture I got will add more when I get home later today.

Great Tit on Kevin's Hand.

Toadlet

Some people always lag behind :)

• Great set Jim and although only a brief visit, we did have a fun time and the ringing/singing session was fantastic as well as the weather until latterly and the hour delay on M6 home for us both !     Look forward to the rest of your pics in due course but thanks for your excellent company and the fun time.  

• Nice set, Jim. Looking forward to the additional pics.

@Hazel, I forgot to ask, what was the "singing" part of the ringing/singing session?

• Unknown said:
    @Hazel, I forgot to ask, what was the "singing" part of the ringing/singing session?

well, after the Leighton Moss visitor manager and ringer both refused to sing it was left to two Wrens on our walk round   LOL       ..... and the only other birds we heard were the juvenile Willow Warblers practicing their singing which was lovely to hear.     Both Reed and Willow Warblers were everywhere and several seen at the ringing session so it is good to know they had a fantastic breeding season by the looks of it.