Home Birds update: 29th Aug.

A few photos taken at home around the garden of our resident species and a local Buzzard who got in on the act  !

The birds need no introducing as you'll know what they are

there were a lot of juveniles today, all eager to use the blue plastic tub which I had filled with water and rocks for perches and also enjoying the range of treats on offer from live mealworms, suet and sunflower hearts to homemade pastry !

whole nuts are back on the menu now the chicks are old enough

young robin who looks like the Bearded Lady at the moment    lol

BT was only interested in the pastry with berry suet nibbles

the youngest robin in the garden !    from 3rd brood no doubt.

and one of it's parents

the wren was enjoying the sun and warmth of the log and had its eyes closed half the time although it didn't spread out to sun

the buzzard was mewing and came within decent range for the 300mm focal length

and I found this bee wandering on the patio so took it over to to the Purple Loosestrife where it went into pollen action !

it seemed to enjoy being moved to a more appropriate area !

think it got drunk and nearly fell off    lol

then it lost its footing   !      nice legs !

• Lovely to see all your garden birds Hazy - they are so well looked after in your garden!  My garden is full of young at the moment - most of the adults seem to have disappeared - I expect they are skulking under the hedges most of the time while they get on with their moult!  It seems to have been a particularly good year for young Blue Tits - hordes of them around and also lots of different aged young Robins - some still totally speckled and some with their red breasts coming in like the one in your photo.  All different broods as you say!