Catching up!

Hi all, sorry I have not posted in a while, I haven't forgotten my forum friends -I've had a busy few weeks -collecting my son from uni (he's finished his degree now so I ended up doing several trips to bring all his stuff down and not to mention the 8 bags of washing to get through,lol). I have also been planning my wedding ( 2 weeks time)-after 14 yrs together we decided to make it legal,I'm not the type of person who likes to be centre of attention or a lot of fuss,so it's going to be a small registry office ceremony,then a meal at 15 (Jamie Oliver's at Watergate Bay). Hopefully the weather will stay nice enough for the photographer to get some half decent shots! In between looking for outfits/flowers etc,I have managed to get out and about,mainly in the afternoons/evenings so here's a catch up

I've mainly spent my time watching the progress of the Peregrine family -you may remember me posting a photo of the nest with eggs?

well 2 gorgeous chicks hatched -being fed a Blackbird by mum 

week later they are more adventurous,parents are providing good amounts of food 

and these were taken at the weekend - just over 4 weeks old,it's surprising how long they get left on the nest alone but I suspect one of the parents is not too far away 

along this stretch of coastline another pair of peregrine have 2 young who are fledged-I spent ages watching them swooping and teaching them to hunt before they rested on the cliff 

and the Kestrel nest I watch every year has 2 young -one was too wary to come out and kept calling for food 

the other sibling got the Lizard treat

a pair of swallow are nesting around this area and like to rest on this fence 

and I wondered why this Pipit was looking worried, I unknowingly got too close to it's youngster in the grass, I moved onto the path took a quick photo and then left Mum/Dad to feed it this tasty Grasshopper 

and lastly a gorgeous Chough at Holywell Bay, Newquay 

Best wishes, Jayne 

• Brilliant set Jayne and many congrats on your forthcoming wedding, certainly a busy time for you and agree about not wanting a fuss, Mike and I had a simple ceremony at a Hampshire Registry office 38 years ago with 9 family guests to our wedding and lunchtime meal in a local restaurant and my work colleagues attending a buffet in the evening at our home,  it was a quiet do but suited us perfectly so enjoy your special day when it arrives and I'm sure this weather will last till then.     Congrats to your son as well on completing his Uni degree and tell him first lesson at home is  "how to use a washing machine"    lol  

• Lovely set of shots as always, Jayne. Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding. :-)

• Thanks Hazel and Paul- sounds like a perfect day Hazel,we planned to wait until my son and his girlfriend finished their studies so they had no pressure of dissertations etc.They are both going on to do their masters but my son will be living back at home for the year so no excuse not to learn laundry skills!

Jayne

• Good to hear from you again Jayne. Beautiful photos as usual. Many congratulations on the soon to be wedding. Its your day, so have and do what you both want to and enjoy the day. I always remember my minister saying to me, enjoy the day as it goes past in a flash. You have all the prep prior to the church/ registry office, the photos, meal and evening reception, you are here, there and all over the place. I made a point of taking it all in, and after 34 years, next week, can still remember the day.