"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

• Juvenile male (I think)

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

TJ, Gorgeous photos of a little beauty! May I send them to a friend who has been making needle felting birds, please? She's done a Kingfisher once and it was lovely but I'm sure she would love to make more and would appreciate your photos.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Fantastic photo Alan - quite unique !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Well you've probably heard of the term "Manky Mallard"  but have you heard of a "Ganky Goose"  ?    I hadn't until today !       however,  I prefer to call these types of birds with colour variation or altered pigmentation as in this Greylag case Leucistic !       No bird really deserves the term manky (or ganky) as in no way are they inferior, mucky or grubby as the unfair use of the word manky suggests,  although the word seems to be originally derived from the meaning  "lacking"  which would be more apt. 

It was keeping in close company with two Canada Geese 

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Lovely shots Tony :o)
  • In reply to Alan:

Checking to see if the grass is greener? Super shot
  • In reply to HAZY:

Certainly unusual colouring Hazel :o)
  • In reply to Gardenbirder:

Gardenbirder said:
    TJ, Gorgeous photos of a little beauty! May I send them to a friend who has been making needle felting birds, please? She's done a Kingfisher once and it was lovely but I'm sure she would love to make more and would appreciate your photos.

No problem, Ann. I think if you just right click on the image you should be able to save it on your computer. If your friend does use it perhaps you could persuade her to show the finished product.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• A couple of Red-legged Partridges out walking in the vines (Adult & youngster)

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France