"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

• In reply to TeeJay:

Thanks, TJ, I'll let you know of she makes any more. In the meantime, she might permit me to post a photo of the first KF she made. She began with Robins and Blue Tits a few years ago, then Penguins and fantastic invented Owls and Hummingbirds and she has gradually gone to more complicated actual birds like the Kingfisher. She has ambitions to make a Bullfinch at some point in the future as well.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Lovely pics of the Kingfisher TJ, just beautiful little birds.

Lot to learn

• In reply to Alan:

That's a shot and a half Alan (pun intended!!!)

Lot to learn

• In reply to HAZY:

He/she is keeping company with birds similar to it's own colouring evidently Hazy. I have heard of the term Manky Mallard too, but much prefer the Leucistic, much prettier.

Lot to learn

• In reply to Noisette:

I get to see a Partridge now and again in the fields opposite my house Hazel, so far no young have appeared though. I wonder what Mum is saying to keep it in line:-)

Lot to learn

• Excellent photos from all, incl. partridges, KF's, watchful deer and colour-challenged geese.

If you find the wild blackberries you've collected have been mildly nibbled, look no further for the culprits.

The males are a little more circumspect in their fruity antics

Nige   Flickr

• Nigel, They are gorgeous little creatures--thanks for your lovely photos! We've only seen a few in the garden over the years but I rejoice every time I see one.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• I don't mind them helping themselves Nigel, better than the flies digging into them before me!! Superb photos, haven't seen any this year so far, maybe I need to hide out under the blackberry bushes:-)

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

gaynorsl said:
    maybe I need to hide out under the blackberry bushes:-)

They are turning up regularly in the brambles by one hide, so perhaps you should

Nige   Flickr

• Cracking shots Nigel.

My Flickr photos