"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

• In reply to Alan:

lol Alan !!    We usually don't get to the reserve until 7am - 7.30am and it's a long walk for you from Silverdale to Pine Lakes if you want to wake us up  !!  

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

I went out at 4 in the evening stopping by a local patch before going to get some groceries and here is what I got:

Reed Buntings were aplenty:

A lollipop showed nicely

A fantastic Yellowhammer was out and about. It was not until recently that I found out this area had Yellowhammer, clearly I wasn't looking hard enough before, but the colour on these birds are just stunning!

• In reply to Wildlife Endeavours :

Lovely photo captures W.E.     Great to see the Reed Buntings, LTT and Yellowhammer but not sure I'd be so brave seeing 9 rats in a group  lol

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:

Lovely photo captures W.E.     Great to see the Reed Buntings, LTT and Yellowhammer but not sure I'd be so brave seeing 9 rats in a group  lol

9 together is an understatement Hazel lol. I'm only not scared by the rats yesterday because I have seen them in action with numbers stronger than 9 at that exact spot last month. They kept coming out of the shed, once a couple goes in then another lot goes out, it was crazy, but the birds weren't bothered by them. Well maybe the one Yellowhammer in the second photo was, these were taken last month.

Ewwww,  a plague of rats !    I'd be wearing bicycle clips on my hiking trousers if I were you   lol  

Regards, Hazel 

Very nice captures WE, and I love rats :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• In reply to James:

Terrible weather here this morning with a good bit of rain so got rather soaked LOL.

As I was walking through the woods to a little feeding area I've set up I heard a noise behind me only to find my new mate following on behind.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan:

Lovely to see the striking pheasant Alan;     it appears we started off with the same morning as yours....  rain followed by appearance of cock pheasant in the garden waiting to be fed lol       Hope you are managing to dry out   !

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

I bet you were drier than me though Hazel LOL

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan:

Alan W said:

I bet you were drier than me though Hazel LOL

lol,  well I was till I had to take a tray of food out to Percy Pheasant  lol      The Mallards have just flown in and the Jays so it's all go but thankfully the rain has stopped for now.     Do you want a piece of champion seed toasted bread  ?   lol 

Regards, Hazel