Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread

• Forgot to add this to the end of my trip shapwick heath...I stopped at the river on my way home as light was so good

• Nothing overly special, though the ice around the pond fountain did look ornate, along with the iced netting....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    Lovely photo capture and wonderful to see the storks Hazel especially the returning Black Stork which is notching up the years ! well done, wish I was there lol

Some years we search for weeks as it's very crafty & spends most of it's time in hidden ditches. Not so lucky today, went off to the town where there can be Wall-creepers on the old monuments in winter, but no sign, we only found discarded beer cans etc.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Good luck locating any Wall-creepers that are around Hazel, a lot of the time its just luck of the draw what you see but must be exceptional to see a Wall-creeper or any of the Storks; I've only seen Storks in The Netherlands when we visited friends a few years ago. Pity folks still discard their litter in the countryside :( wonder how they'd feel if their pet got tangled up in a beer can or swallowed harmful waste.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Real great to see them get along so well. Only once saw a single juvenile Black Stork.

• In reply to HAZY:

A great assembly of different birds, Hazel.