"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

• Although I saw lots of Beardies amongst the reeds along the Causeway (20 or so) and also a Cetti's Warbler in full view - my camera had the extender on (600mm)  and it was the day I needed 200mm or even macro  lol  

The Bearded Reedlings !  are using the grit trays less these days so I found a completely different bird taking grit  !

I had no idea Reed Buntings ate grit too 

There is usually a Dunnock waiting along the path near Grisedale hide   !     unfortunately no waxworms as the postman lost his way to our rental  :(

We did see three Marsh Harriers at the far side of the Grisedale Pool but not close enough for decent pics.        Instead you get a Pintail drake  ……...

female Teal 

Glad I didn't stay in longer than 15 mins. to watch the rugby  :(      

• Wonderful photos Hazy, just love the Reed Bunting, that male is gorgeous, and hope you thanked them for standing in for the Beardies. The Dunnock is a stunner too and the Pintail and Mrs Teal are frameworthy in the lovely light.
    PS I had to watch the match, there is something about full stadiums and smiling/weepy people that gets me each time, I think the Japanese nation have made a lot of good friends with their fabulous welcome and support.
  • Very nice pictures Hazel, sorry to hear the post did not turn up :( 

That Dunnock next to the feeders is always there now and gets fed well to it was there when we went but was showing better the BT's :) 

• Rutting over on Blackamoor so nice to come across this one, in relative safety, and his 5 hinds... plus a few youngsters.

• OK, so perhaps there was a White-winged Scoter out there somewhere (3/4 mile away in a heavy chop) ......

.....but this was happening right under my nose.!! Sheer bliss.!! :-)

• Well done Paul, proves a point that often the serious "twitchers" in their endeavour to see a rarity for their tick list can so often miss the wonders which are right at their feet and around them ! I think all birds are equal in my eyes, no one greater than the other, all with their own unique characteristics and we can learn so much from them if we only stop to observe rather than seek out the elusive !
  • Always wanted to go back to see the fallow deer at Chatsworth and not been since I was a kid. It dawned on me that it would be a walkable from Sheffield over the moors, edges and woodlands so I tried it out yesterday. A few photos on the way but sadly got lost in a woods and by the time I made it to Chatsworth it was too late to get closer to the fallow deer although I did see them so not all was a loss.

• Stunning photos and clips Bob, you were certainly brave to hike that far over the Moors but with those beautiful Autumnal tones and lighting I don't blame you. Glad you found Chatsworth even though a tad later than you wanted !
  • Bob, Bob, Bob we need a bigger roof rack ...........helppppppp

• Great photos and the views are beautiful Bob as are the Deer, well done on your long walk.