"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

• If I'd thought about it I could maybe have had a bash at Stevie Ray Vaughan's version of 'The Sky Is Crying'. :-)
  • Another photo taken by my brother in Australia when he visited Bora Bora rings which is an Aboriginal ceremonial site near Lismore, N.S.W.        Here he found two Koala's   (never to be referred to as bears ! ).        

Assuming this is Mom and Bub Koala    ……………..now all say  "Awwwwwww"       !! 

• Woow these Koala mum and child are so sweet Hazel! Many, many thanks to you and your brother for sharing!!!

• This is more odds than anything else, there is a sods in that there will be no roof tours.

These are pictures of Ickworth House outside Bury St Edmunds where they are renewing the roof of the Rotunda over the next 12 mths. We've been watching the scaffolding build over the past few weeks, as its a good place for a walk for my rehab post hip operation. Last visit we timed it to see the roof scaffold being lifted by the 2nd tallest carne in the UK. Also an opportunity for a first use of my new Canon EOS90D with 18-135mm lens. As can be seen it was a very grey day with a very watery sun.

View of the front with all the kit and crane.

One of the roof frames being lifted.

Rear view of the house and scaffold coat with the crane gib over the roof.

The roof frame being lowered into place with at least 4 more to go.

Maybe tomorrow it might be covered with the sheeting which will be covered by images of the huge statue standing in the hallway.

• It looks imposing in it's "cage"! Nice shots
  • Tony T said:
    Hi Mike, we've had newts in the pond since I dug it out about 20 years ago and quite often pull them out when trying to clean the pond but I had though the adults would have moved out to settle down for the winter. we get 3/4 different types of damsel/dragonflys over the pond during the year.
    Well I've now got rid of my crutches as of Thurs physio appt and now have a walking stick but to be honest feel well enough not to use it much but am chasing my consultant to see if I can drive again, its been 6 weeks now.
    I have never tried the Bushnell on vid, I will set it up tonight on vid to see what its like.

I'd love to have newts in our pond, which is almost 20 years old, but I guess because we have fish and there's a net to stop predators taking the fish, it hampers their access, along with frogs, toads, dragons & damsels.

Apart from newts, all have inhabited the pond before we put fish in.

If you want to see how good the video function is, have a look at my YouTube channel: "Mike Beaumont YouTube"

Also have a look at Wendy Barter's YouTube channel, she has some really good ones of hedgehogs that visit her garden.

I know there are others, but their names escape me.

• Tony T said:

This is more odds than anything else, there is a sods in that there will be no roof tours.

These are pictures of Ickworth House outside Bury St Edmunds where they are renewing the roof of the Rotunda over the next 12 mths. We've been watching the scaffolding build over the past few weeks, as its a good place for a walk for my rehab post hip operation. Last visit we timed it to see the roof scaffold being lifted by the 2nd tallest carne in the UK. Also an opportunity for a first use of my new Canon EOS90D with 18-135mm lens. As can be seen it was a very grey day with a very watery sun.

How are you finding the Canon 90D?

I'm asking for a friend, who is looking at upgrading from the Canon 1200D, so lens compatibility won't be an issue.

• Paul A said:

A Grey Heron from a wet, grey morning .

Lovely photo Paul.

• Tony T said:

Some shots of a Green Sandpiper taken back in Aug at Holme NR on N Norfolk coast.

Lovely photos of the Green Sandpiper Tony.