"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

• A trip to Durlston Country Park (Swanage) today, a pleasant stroll along the cliff top path, little to see except a good few jackdaws, one of which was pretending to be magpiric

And some Rock Pipits (dark legs and bill)

and some flutterbies which I'll put in that thread. 

And then we got home and Mrs PB only went and made some proper bread pudding JoyPig Nom NomNom

EDIT  Did I snap a swallow without realising? (Massively cropped and only one shot)

• Young male Green Woodpecker in the garden.

• I'm the same colour as it's wings TJ. super bird & one I don't see any more since 'Woodpecker Alley' near to me was industrialised!! Grrrrr
  • Nothing wrong with the Exposure 0.0 one, all the others are to dark for me this side.
  • Thanks James, shows the subjectivity of personal preference, as I prefer the 2nd shot lol
    Lovely capture Tony
  • WendyBartter said:
    I'm the same colour as it's wings TJ. super bird & one I don't see any more since 'Woodpecker Alley' near to me was industrialised!! Grrrrr

And me, though I'm probably even greener....

It's been eighteen months since I last saw a green woodie!

Brilliant piccie TJ Thumbsup

• Wonderful photos of the Green Woodpecker Tony, great to see it back in your garden
  • One final piccie, from the car as I pulled up outside home, a sloe bug landed on the car windscreen, showing its underside...

The squiggly lines are the heated screen elements within the glass.

• A little beauty Alan, lovely pics.       We went for early morning walk but no photos till we got back to our rental property and were watching the gorgeous little House Martins nipping back and forth to feed a late brood,  maybe 2nd brood but possibly a 3rd.   At least here they seem to have had an excellent breeding season thank goodness.

Only record shots but these are nearly fledged;   one is outside the nest trying to keep it's balance on the BT wire whilst its sibling is in the nest - think others in this late brood have fledged already.

the adult is just coming out of the nest having fed another inside the nest and the Martin on the right is just fledging ..............

the new fledgling nearly losing its balance ! 

you can see the one inside the nest in this shot

adults making many trips back and forth all day long;   I read that fledglings from an earlier brood can often help to feed young in the nest.

sorry about such poor shots but they are right up under the eaves and amongst several BT and satellite cables  !!    

• Lovely pics from you all, the Lapwing, Willowchaff and House Martins. Hazy I think you have done a good job getting those photos, and made up to see youngsters still around and being fed. Hopefully this week the weather is staying calm and warm so they will have a good chance of fledging. Interesting to read that youngsters from an earlier brood will return and feed the next brood, if only more did that.