Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread

• Lovely Kestrel, thanks for remembering!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Barred Warbler on Wirral Hazel...up and at em!

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Nigel O:

Nigel O said:
    If you were small, bright blue and orange

Damn, you've seen me in my Saturday night gear!!

• In reply to Alan.:

Alan. said:
    Barred Warbler on Wirral Hazel...up and at em!

Ohhh,  probably too late already Alan -  I've just come off long  phone call (via Viber on mobile) with friends in Australia who are celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary today  !    Do you know where on the Wirral it is ?     Being a Sunday I can already see a football size crowd with bins and cameras   lol 

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Nope sorry Hazel it just said the Wirral

My Flickr photos

• Thanks anyway Alan, good to know there's a nice rarity around; weather is beautiful this morning with mostly blue sky and lots of sunshine. We tend to avoid going birding at weekend due to reserves being extra busy and I can only imagine the 6 deep row of birders/photographers if this bird is still around lol With the Pied Wheatear we saw in Nov. last year we waited a few days before going and there were far less people once the "tickers" had gone ! Hopefully this bird may stick around an extra day or two.

post edit:   at least I know what it looks like now  lol 

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• A trip to Durlston Country Park (Swanage) today, a pleasant stroll along the cliff top path, little to see except a good few jackdaws, one of which was pretending to be magpiric

And some Rock Pipits (dark legs and bill)

and some flutterbies which I'll put in that thread. 

And then we got home and Mrs PB only went and made some proper bread pudding  Nom NomNom

EDIT  Did I snap a swallow without realising? (Massively cropped and only one shot)

• Young male Green Woodpecker in the garden.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I'm the same colour as it's wings TJ. super bird & one I don't see any more since 'Woodpecker Alley' near to me was industrialised!! Grrrrr

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Nothing wrong with the Exposure 0.0 one, all the others are to dark for me this side.

Jim

My Pictures