Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread

• Out of interest, is your garden Sprawk from the same family as the juvs. you posted or is it a totally different location?

Nige   Flickr

• It's probably the same family Nigel it's less than half a mile from my house to the nest site out on my patch.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Catlady:

Lynn L said:
    Very clever Paul, never twigged at all about the morse code, just thought you were using random characters to tell us you had your comma back!

Well done Mike, you were very clever to pick that up. Or maybe it was me being very stupid!

Definitely not you being stupid. 

Morse Code in text form normally is only recognisable to those who've had to learn and use it, hence why I say "I must have had a misspent younger life"! 

Considering I've not used morse for 20+ years, its scary I recognised each letter almost in an instant! 

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Couple of photos from today;     we are treated to the sight of Swallows and House Martins right outside the door of our temporary rental property.     Today the Swallows were doing their regular stretching exercises - maybe limbering up and getting in shape for the long journey ahead of them shortly.   Will be sad to see them leave :(

sky was a bit overcast so not as good as on a blue sky background

and a couple of days ago there was a blue sky …..

it wasn't singing or calling here as there was no sound at all …………..   

I've forgotten if there is a dedicated thread for molluscs ?    so I'll add this snail here;   not sure of ID but could it be a white-lipped snail ?

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Hazel, Love your beautiful Swallows--wish we had them. Sorry, cannot help with the Snail.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Lovely Swallow pics aitch, I would agree with white-lipped snail!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Special K pics D ... good breakfast viewing, thanks!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Great Kestrel pics Alan, nice lighting on it too.
    @ Wendy many thanks for confirming ID on snail

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"