Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread

• 22nd July 2018 Dunbar harbour

Great Black-backed Gull

Today, same bird, same place. :-)

That's a very long time to just hover there.!! :-/

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    I really need to be up at "Alan-O'clock"  to catch up with the local hares but I blame it on them choosing to graze amongst the long grass in the pony paddock !

No reason to rush. Dawn comes along at a more respectable time later in the year and the hares will still be there. The grass might be a bit shorter after continuous nibbling too! 

Nice photo in the meantime.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Paul A:

Paul A said:
    That's a very long time to just hover there.!!

Probably doesn't want to venture too far until those gaps fill up It's also a long time for the sun to be out that far north!!!

Nige   Flickr

• One of the rare occasions when I've gone just a bit arty on a shot. Something I do more often in landscape but less so for wildlife. Even more surprisingly, I actually took it with that concept in mind. So ... a dreamy Gadwall

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Did you go the whole hog and wear a beret and have a cheroot? :o)
    Somehow, it's a very relaxing shot to look at
  • That's a beauty Nigel

My Flickr photos

• Would love to see one of these beautiful birds D!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I thought that i had had a good afternoon when the local Osprey came in but then I got to spend an hour to watch this little star being fed by an even littler star. More to come when editing is all done but I thought you might like this for starters.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Great updates everyone, starting with a soaring (or should I say hovering GBBG) ! then a dreamy arty Gadwall that would make very nice wall art, followed by a very handsome male Bullfinch and then if that was enough treats a cracker of a capture with the Cuckoo being fed …..  is that by a Meadow Pipit ?         - keep 'em coming folks !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"