"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

• @ Ann,  I loved your story of the little House Martin, I could picture your description of feeding it and it's eventual release as it joined a group of other martins flying overhead -  a mix of joy as it was back where it belonged but a tear in the eye a you bid it safe farewell.   These little chicks, well at least one of the nests, is right above front door so I have to be wary when I step outside in case it's in the middle of a toilet break   lol    will be sad to see the hirundines leave our shores and what a journey for these new chicks, how on earth do they do long flight south to Africa.  I'll try getting more photos once we are on a tea break !    Up early again, probably not before Alan !   three more days of emptying our old place and getting this place in order and we'll be able to collapse in a heap.  

wonder what is for breakfast as we only have small empty fridge (with one shelf missing ! ) so it may be Costa coffee and sausage/tomato toastie later :)        

Feed me   lol

• A kestrel today and my first photo of a sparrow hawk yesterday, It flew from some trees with another bird in its grasp and crashed into a field. Poked my head over the dry stone wall and the sparrowhawk flew up past my head. I was so chuffed to see it I never saw what the other bird was. It vanished so probably had a lucky escape.

• Fabulous Kestrel pics, thanks Bob ... not much into Sprawks with their wicked stare! Lol

• Lovely stuff all Grin

Just had a quick garden bug hunt and found more crimson lily beetles....don't tell Wifey (she won't be happy) although they have now been evicted from the lily! (Brownie Point for me!!)

I'm worse at insects than I am at birds, so don't know what anything is...

Bee

Another type of Bee

Mothy/Butterfly-ey thingie

Another Bee (or possibly not as I was advised Bee's have antennae?)

The Mothy/Butterfly-ey thingie from a slightly underneath angle (who thought I was that bendy??!!)

Another shot of a mothy/butterfly-ey thingie that looks similar but was a different creature!!

• I think your moths are one of the Pyrausta ssp (so called Mint Moths) but I'll let Noisette and Wendy to decide which ones exactly.
  • Funnily enough, they were both on separate mint plants,,,, Thanks Tony.
  • Mmm Very nice, do you have enough room at your table Alan?!!
  • Female KF who likes some salad with the fish course.

• PimperneBloke said:

Another shot of a mothy/butterfly-ey thingie that looks similar but was a different creature!!

I would say Pyrausta purpuralis for both PB ... wait to see what H says!