"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

• Thanks for all of the latest pics, Everyone!
    PimperneBloke, Arne is a fabulous place and we love it. We visited Arne a couple of times in late March/early April and finally saw Dartford Warblers. We've been to half a dozen places or more over the years (including Arne 6 or 8 times or more previously) which apparently have Dartford Warblers but we had never seen them before this spring. In fact, we had great views this time but it was very worrying that the pair we saw were trying to nest far too close to the path. It was likely that they would be unsuccessful because of almost constant disturbance. Some birders stood there waiting for them to appear and then did not move on once they saw the birds but hung about for ages and none that we saw had any camouflage. We hurried away after a quick glimpse and felt very sorry for the poor little birds who were trying to build a nest but afraid to dive into their chosen bush while people were standing and gawping. The RSPB people at the centre agreed that those 2 birds would probably end up moving farther into the heath away from the path for another attempt after a first likely-to-fail attempt to nest. Luckily, Arne has a lot of heath to choose from and we were also told there were 70 pairs there.
  • One final trip to see the kestrels that I've been posting on here and the video thread the last 2 months since coming across the nesting female. Fledged and flying around the field and landing back in the tree where their nest is. I think 3 out of 5 made it to fledging although can't be sure. Plus a few other birds I came across walking down there.

• Unknown said:
    think 3 out of 5 made it to fledging although can't be sure

Only just caught up with this great news Bob, lovely pics too ... maybe more fledged & you didn't see them on this visit?  It's a comforting thought!  Have really enjoyed following this nest with you, thanks for caring & sharing!

• I didn't get these up before the site crashed on Sunday and then never had the opportunity until today. I'm guessing the local Kingies have fledged as they are showing particularly well now and doing their level best to see that no dragonfly larva reach adulthood!

I saw this one take 4 larvae and it wasn't the only Kingie fishing in that pool

Summers are often very quiet, bird-wise, so having a few of these little flying gems around is a real bonus 

• Fabulous photos of the Kingies, Nigel--thanks!
  • Stunning shots Nigel, fabulous little birds.
  • Lovely Kingfisher shots Nigel, haven't actually seen any so far this year.
    Great shot of the Gropper Paul, seem to have been very showy this year.
  • Such beautiful colours the Jay is. This one was very inquisitive and just happy to sit in front of me and watch me eat my rolls. I thought he must be hungry so I threw him a piece of Coronation Chicken Roll, He just looked at it and and look on his face said it all..........What the hell's that

• Mr & Mrs Bullfinch just happy sitting watching the world go by.