"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

• Fledging meadow pipit this morning. Sat on the road between Blackamoor and Big moor, it must have flown over the wall (from Big moor probably) on to the road learning to fly. Not quite what sure what to do but obviously couldn't leave the bird in the middle of the road. Seemd OK so popped it back over the wall on to Big Moor. I was in a bit of a quandary, advice for future would be welcomed..

• I've not long finished sorting photos from a week in N Wales, most of which I've shared on the forum.

However, while visiting Moelfre on Anglesey, this jackdaw that was looking ever hopeful as folk were sitting on benches and eating, provided a nifty photo...

• Good pic of the Jackdaw looking smart Mike, there are many visitors to Moelfre so the birds get well fed. You were just up the road from me, should have called in for a brew with your family :-)
  • gaynorsl said:
    Good pic of the Jackdaw looking smart Mike, there are many visitors to Moelfre so the birds get well fed. You were just up the road from me, should have called in for a brew with your family :-)

Thank you Gaynor, yes we love Moelfre and in particular Ann's Pantry.

The stream that runs along side down to the bay, and the house with the windmill in the garden, always make for pleasant viewing. I also like to view the ships at anchor across the bay, which I could imagine to be a storm haven when conditions get rough.

The jackdaw was on the path between the sharp bend on the main road and the path that follows the coast around the old lifeboat house to the current Lifeboat Shop.

I've a clear photo from the terrace just before that path looking over the bay and Carneddau to Snowdon, where you can clearly see the railway and footpath from Llanberis.

The photos of Moelfre from this visit are in my Flickr May 2019 Album, and the one of Snowdon viewed from Moelfre can be viewed clicking HERE.

Hopefully we'll be back up N Wales sometime during August, but nothing has has been finalised as yet.

• Unknown said:
    wonderful photo capture Mike

Thank you Hazel.

• A few of the same male kestrel yesterday below White Edge, Derbyshire. Quite odd as I approached in plain sight across the field opposite the Grouse Inn and took a snap every few steps. Got to within 20 feet or so and he still just sat there looking around. Still didn't move as I passed by and left.

• Greedy little Sparrow with a big Grasshopper

& then she flew off with it, so maybe lucky babies.

• lovely photos Hazel, what a mouthful that little sparrow has,  I remember a couple of years ago one of our garden wrens catching a huge dragonfly.    

Here's one of our Jays who must have got out of the grumpy side of the roost on Monday;    chasing off another Jay

same photo cropped ……..

this one came almost up to me a couple of days ago ............before the monsoon started and I had to watch from window ! 

• I love your Jays Hazy, they are such beautiful birds, it's like Magpies, very underestimated!