"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

• Thank goodness for digital camera's.  I took 200 photos of this reed warbler amongst the reeds. Only managed 2 clear shots. They don't hang around for long. You have to be as quick as lightning.

• worth the 200 shots Paul as that's a beauty - and the bird ain't half bad either !
  • I found that with waders, if you are really patient, distant birds sooner or later make their way round to you. This little little ringed Plover was no more than 6-7 metres away. I photographed a bar tailed godwit this way. This didn't work though with a Temminicks Stint at Pilning a week ago where id did not move an inch in over 3 hours. It got too windy, I was tired and it was getting dark. I called it a day and it didn't turn up the next day. You win some and you loose some.

•  I feared for this little Oyster catcher, it was just getting further and further away from his parent. Having saw one taken by a gull a few weeks ago. Apparently his brother was predated a few days ago to a grey heron. I am pleased to say he was reunited with his Mum.

• Redstarts are so stunning, I find them hard to photograph. Their Black Eye can just appear as part of their black head and the eye not visible and it is so easy to over expose their white crown. Getting the balance right is tricky.

• I just love flycatchers, they usually always have just caught a fly. They do a little bob and can look at you at times inquisitively. This is a Pied. If weather picks up tomorrow I am going to look for Spotted flycatchers.

• Female Redstart. She didn't want to turn around and pose for me

• A bakers dozen from a walk around Loxley and Rivelin Valley and Damflask.

An alpaca in the fields, I think brought in to protect the lambs from foxes.

Swan on an old deserted industrial pond.

Damflask, running very low at the moment.

Peacocks, not the famoues ones at Strines but close by.

Rivelin valley.

Canadian goose chick.

Early morning rabbit, took a long clip of it eating as it always makes me smile.

Bullfinch at the side of Damflask.

Approaching Strines reservoir and the famous Boots Folly overlooking it.

Sneaked this one in to make the bakers dozen. A huge cat person and I find them in the oddest places.

Domestic geese (I think) on Damflask.

Jay near Dales Dike. Always very evasive... well for me.

Silhoutted Grebe on Damflask.

• The Male Black-Headed Gull on the left was forcing himself onto the female in the middle and was trying to break up the pair. The 2 males had a fight, lots of noise and commotion and the intruder soon flew off.