Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread

• Wow, very nice Hazel, sadly they never showed while I was there but with only a 400mm on a full frame they would have looked like dots :)

Jim

My Pictures

• In reply to HAZY:

Ooooh, splatter, I notice how Mum just carried on preening!!!!! Great captures Hazy.

Lot to learn

• In reply to Catlady:

That sounds awful Catlady, very glad to see you are recovering well and back on the Forum.

Lot to learn

• Catlady, Sorry to hear you've been unwell. Hope you are fully recovered already (or will be very soon!).

Hazel, Congratulations on the Black Terns. A record shot is better than no shot!

Jim, Sorry to hear the Black Terns did not appear for you.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to HAZY:

Congrats on the Black Terns, Hazy. There seems to have been a recent influx in the NW. Several were at Pennington late last week too although I missed them.

Nige   Flickr

• You're after Whitethroats and you get Blackcaps!

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks Nige, lovely to see a Blackcap and beautiful photo capture; I've yet to one or a Whitethroat this season although I've seen tons of Willow Warblers, Chiffchaff, heard Reed and Sedge !

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• In reply to HAZY:

Thanks Jim, Hazy

HAZY said:
    I've yet to one or a Whitethroat this season although I've seen tons of Willow Warblers, Chiffchaff, heard Reed and Sedge !

For me, this year is far better than last, Blackcaps and Whitethroats are back to their usual sighting numbers. I think last year they just didn't sing but went straight to nesting, so they were here but much less visible. Whitethroats have been everywhere in the past week or two. I've still not spotted a Sedge yet though. I may go Lunt soon to get them - I'm told they are showing well.

Nige   Flickr

• I think I got a Sedge at LM the other day so will go and have a look, I am still Buzzing with getting the Bittern and am replying back to all the post about it.

Jim

My Pictures