Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread

• I got a personal display from a nice little Chiffchaff

Unusually, it wasn't content with singing. It kept flapping its wings too.

"I've got yellow underarm hair, you know!"

"You see, bright yellow!"

He kept this up for quite a while, almost as if he was developing his own display ritual to go with the song.

I've never one sing and display like that. I'm not sure what it was actually up to but it was nice to watch.

Nige   Flickr

• stunning photo captures Nigel, the colour tones with background are as wonderful as the bird itself !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Thanks Hazel. He was relatively low down in quite a young tree, so the background is a bush instead of sky and everything turned out harmonious greens and yellows. He posed, sang and then flew off only to return a few minutes later and he did it several times so he obviously liked that particular tree. I thought it made for good photos, too (and I ended up with quite a few trying to get unobstructed views etc!)

Nige   Flickr

• Very nice pictures everyone, just had a couple of hours mid day looking for some dippers and kingfishers but all we saw were flypasts, we did find a Coal Tits nest and a Tree rat but it looked cute peaking at us from behind this tree :)

Jim

My Pictures

• A shame you didn't get the KF or Dipper, but the Coal Tit with a beak-full is great and the tree rat is in a nice pose

Nige   Flickr

• lovely photo captures Jim, the little coal tit must be feeding quite a brood !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Thank you Nige, and Hazel, I am going to Moore nature reserve tomorrow for a few hours my mate has to get back in the afternoon to go to bed for his night shift, we have never been but I believe there is a lot going on.

Jim

My Pictures

• Perhaps not the commonest bird to see wandering across a Scottish field.

Taken from inside the car (I didn’t want to get out in case it flew away).!!  ;-)

My bird photos HERE

• Three from RSPB Bempton Cliff last month.

Jim

My Pictures

• So many great pics I don't know where to start....so won't......will just admire and learn.

Lot to learn