Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread

• Taken through the clean windows   !!       Two Song Thrushes on the waterfall area;   luckily this pair breed succesfully every year as I always eventually see the juveniles.   Hopefully this year they will have a brood again.

1st bird ............

2nd bird ...........on lower level

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• I'm not going to even try and sex those :) I hope they know the difference and you get another youngster or two this year.

Nige   Flickr

• Lol Nigel, I think the only one we have a squeak of a chance with is a juvenile Song Thrush !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Lucky you to have a breeding pair of Songthrush Hazy, lovely pics.

Lot to learn

• Male and Female Great Spotted Woodpecker.

• Little Egret, early this morning

• Small Tortoiseshell taken last Tuesday.

Jim

My Pictures

• Wren pretending to be a Treecreeper

Displaying Oystercatcher

Curlew

Dunnock

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• I saw this bittern at the right time in the "Golden Hour" coming out of the reeds. I could hear the bittern booming but did not know the direction the sound was coming from, I knew eventually he would show so had a 5 hour wait. 

• There is a family of Great Crested Grebes near me. The 4 chicks were born 2 days ago. The mother has been carrying them around on her back. This was the first time this one went for a swim on his own. You can see how proud the parents look. The father continuously bringing fish for the chicks as well as the mother. They are very busy parents indeed. I walked away from them for an hour and came back only to be told that 1 of them had been predated by a Gull. It's going to be a tough time for them with so many predators around waiting for the right moment. On this lake in Somerset are Herons, GW Egrets, Bitterns, Otters and Numerous gulls all waiting for the right opportunity when the protective parents turn their backs for just a few seconds.I fear they will not last long. I will check on them next Saturday..