"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

• Thanks Ann,   seems to me to be a bit of a waste of time to have to re-read that first post or look at the pics all over again, I preferred the set up we had before.

• It's December right??? So why is this female Goldeneye approaching the male with her head down? The male hadn't been performing any display behaviour.

However he did respond with a bit of a neck stretch (no surprise there, you might say)

Then it was immediately down to business...

… Before heading off in your own direction and pretending nothing happened

Honestly, some ducks just don't know how to behave in front of a hide Slight smile 

PS these were just record shots but I decided to tolerate the silhouettes to maintain the colour of the water 

• Frisky Goldeneyes eh ?   I like the silhouette photos with their distinct shape especially the smug/satisfied posture on the last pic lol       I remember last year at the beginning of January sitting in the Morecambe Hide at the salt marsh and two Redshanks were "at it"    !      I was watching the Teal courtship displaying last week.   Maybe they think spring is in the air.

• A few quick record shot pics taken through the window yesterday when it was bitter cold with rain and wind throughout the day .....

Can't have a post without our dear Wilma waggie  .............

here, she is trying to keep her tootsies warm ....... or at least one of them !

bit of a scratch needed .............

and preen to sort out those ruffled feathers .....

she's very fastidious keeping her feather dress in order ............

There were four Jays at the same time ....................

Blackbirds are coming back en-masse to the garden;   we have at least 7 males in the back garden and 2 females .....

• Very nice Hazel, I am getting Blackbirds in the garden too not seen one for a couple of months.

• How lovely to see Wilam Waggy back and having a good old preen and clean. Lovely photos, especially like the last one of the Jay.

• Great shots Nigel, I too like the water colour and texture.

• Nice to see Wilma looking so healthy and happy Hazy, and four Jays in the garden too is so unusual, such a beautiful bird.

• Nice to see Wilma back. I don't think I've seen 4 Jays together before.

Until the last couple of days, it has been quite warm for December, so maybe the Goldeneyes got a little ahead of themselves.

• Taken through the window this morning ............