Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread

• In reply to Paul A:

A few from Minsmere on Friday:

I think I can safely say that black is the new black!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

I'll add this a mate has just sent me from last week from down the canal

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Great pics, love the canal bridge and icicles from your pal Alan

Awful conditions for photography this morning, dark, pouring down :(        but been a busy morning with birds so it's more to give you an idea;  

guess who returned :)            so dark need the lights on so consider these very bad pics and record shots only   lol

It's typical that the weather is so bad when we had a brilliant morning of sightings;    3 Jays, pheasant, mallards, stock dove, etc,    the Jays have not stopped all morning coming in to the new bird table and although I didn't get even a record shot I saw the Jay's  courtship feeding up in the tree :)     spring is almost here  - but more like monsoon today ! 

they all love the new "Pagoda" bird table - at least it keeps the food fairly dry as the roof overlaps the table edges;   it's a solid, heavy table & stand and proved very successful so far.        

fighting over table possession and the food !!

sorry pics so rubbish,  I was using the prime 300mm f2.8 (through the rain soaked window) and even that couldn't get a bright shot.

Despite the Jay's tiny size they are not frightened to scare off larger birds ...........

Percy   pheasant  -   a new Percy not the old one and this bird is a little nervous

Number 52  Cyril  !     

the pretty stock dove 

Earl was looking frustrated as the other birds were eating from the bird table so I chucked him 4 Peckish fat balls 

always fun to watch the crows try work out how to carry more than their bill will allow    lol     in the end he had to eat half of the ball to carry one and a half away   !

I think the Mallys are the same ones back a in recent years as although they are a little nervous they don't spook into flight but rather swim or move a little further away whilst I put food out for them.      

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to Clare:

Clare Bailey said:
    I think I can safely say that black is the new black!

Yup, I have to agree, and he's got every right to shout about it.!!

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:

Earl was looking frustrated as the other birds were eating from the bird table so I chucked him 4 Peckish fat balls 

always fun to watch the crows try work out how to carry more than their bill will allow    lol     in the end he had to eat half of the ball to carry one and a half away   !

Awwwwwww.  Always lovely to admire the handsome Earl.  And to think he was once saddled with a moniker like Damien!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

lol Clare !!    He's quite a character, often staring towards the door waiting for me to lob out some cheese, pastry or fat-cake - how can I say no  ?  lol     He and Mrs Earl look fantastic, never seen such glossy plumage.   They are often together :)    

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

One of the benefits of the birds knowing me I get completely ignored.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Lol Alan,  lovely to see Mr RB    How many robins this morning ?  lol

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    How many robins this morning ?

Not many this morning Hazel most too busy singing.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Pied Waggie from today and Jays   (all taken through window)

Regards, Hazel