"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

• Fierce looking lady Sprawk. Love the Dunnock sunning itself. It's been much warmer today - you could almost believe it's Spring.

• Unknown said:
    you could almost believe it's Spring

It was only 2 degrees overnight so very chilly first thing this morning but when the sun came out and blue sky it really did feel we were getting a hint of spring - long may it last but think we have rain most of the day tomorrow  (sleet)  !!

Lady sprawk came back 5 mins ago but she swooped and didn't perch so no photos this time;   she left empty clawed again but hope she does eat tonight - but not in my back yard as they say  LOL

• Well, lady Sprawk must be hungry as she returned for the third time in less than an hour;  what was amazing was that whilst she was on the guardian feeder looking to see if there were any birds inside she was suddenly chased off my a Magpie  !   pity I didn't get the Magpie chasing her off but I think Maggie was living dangerously as she took out a Jackdaw once !    

It's too dark for photos so these are only record shots at dusk again....

the birds are going to have to be on their guard as she keeps returning !!  

• Very nice Hazel, not see a Hawk in the garden for a few years now.

• Seems as eager to get at the fat block inside the cage as the garden birds!

• Unknown said:

Seems as eager to get at the fat block inside the cage as the garden birds!

It was so funny Nigel as there were no small birds around but it stayed on the guardian cage, moving down to the square fat block even though no birds were around except for the Magpie who swooped down at the Sprawk sending her away !     perhaps she was so hungry as she was eyeing up the fatcakes !     poor thing, I do hope she does eat .......... but not here  lol 

• Perhaps she really is. Mammal predators go for fatty things, but I don't know if raptors do... perhaps you might have another, unusual, cheesy pastry addict on your hands!

• lol Nigel,   I'd much rather see her eat cheese pastry and fat-cake so will leave some on the bird table.    She did take a male blackbird last week whilst we were away - judging by the feathers.

• Lovely thread this. With a good mix of picture, birds and beasties.

• These are from Monday ... About the only insects I see at the moment are lunch for someone. Amazing how they find them.

There was still plenty of ice around, just in case anyone is missing it, and the Gadwalls were feeding through the breaks. In fact, even when Mrs G's left foot fell through the ice she still wouldn't leave her hole, despite the undignified position.

Mr G stalked off in disgust