Beautiful Butterflies 2018

• In reply to TeeJay:

TJ, Have you seen them at College Lake in any previous year or was this a one off, please?  I ask because if you've seen them in other years we might try to see them next June there as we occasionally visit College Lake.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Ann, it was my first visit to College Lake so I don't know if they occur every year. It was a lovely hot and sunny day.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Thanks, TJ.  College Lake will remain forever in our memories because a few years ago, probably on only our second visit, we watched a Hobby catching and eating Dragonflies over the Lake for what seemed like ages.  No idea how long it was actually but I'd guess possibly nearly 10 minutes.  At any rate, it caught half a dozen or more while we watched.  We'd seen Hobbies once or twice before elsewhere, but never so close or for such a long time.  We've also had some amazing views of Kestrels there as well, and all from the hide nearest to the visitor centre.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Hi TJ, on the Downs above Portsmouth.  I get the feeling they are often missed as they are so tiny and fast!  There is a cracking selection of flutters in the area

Cin J

Cin J

• In reply to Germain:

Thanks Cin J, I'll remember that for next year if I'm still capable.

Here's one of the shots I got.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Beautiful shot Tony :)

see my photos on Flickr  http://www.flickr.com/photos/maggyn/

• In reply to Maggy:

Lovely colours in your photo TJ, you've been keeping that one a secret until now!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Been trying to find these pics, which I've posted on here before, but wanted to share with CC ... temperate house @ Wingham Wildlife Park 22nd Aug 2017, was amazed to witness this beautiful specimen eclosing

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

WendyBartter said:

Been trying to find these pics, which I've posted on here before, but wanted to share with CC ... temperate house @ Wingham Wildlife Park 22nd Aug 2017, was amazed to witness this beautiful specimen eclosing

What fabulous photos.

I've only once been to a butterfly place, it was Pili Palas on Anglesey many years ago, and I've never seen so many colourful butterflies before, nor since.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Thanks Mike, am fortunate to have this one only 10 miles up the road!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr