Mostly Moths 2018

• In reply to Noisette:

Oh well I've just spotted the new reduced size for photos (320 x 240) so will try this from this morning

Agrochola blidaensis

EDIT Can hardly see the photo even when it's clicked on ! Big disappointement!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Can see it fine & well on my tablet H, expands to fit 10"x8" screen!  Have had Chestnuts this year but don't recognise that name?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

It's one you don't get (yet) but is slowly moving north. No English name . Glad it works on your tablet, I just get the standard size on the computer. Oh well, I'll post some more later, just for you! LOL

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Gee thanks H, missing the moths already!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

At long last I have read Jean-Henri's experiments with Great Peacock moths .... how very interesting!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Sorry Wendy, your post got lost on the forum!! I loved his writing style & as you say, very interesting. There are other stories on the same link but I haven't got around to reading them yet.

I had 2 traps last night as it was dryish & warmish!

At home I had 6 species including a rather worn "Gem"

& then went off  to empty the other & found around 30 moths of 9 species. My favorite was the December Moth which was my reason for putting the trap in the woods

a Feathered Thorn

loads of Mottled Umber

a Brick

Red-line Quaker

& I'll put the rest on if this lot works. Fingers crossed!

Piece of cake !LOL Photos a bit big though.

Also had a Green Brindled Crescent

thats a better size 650-0

& a Sprawler

That's the best of them!

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Has worked fine H ... super envious of your December Moth, one I really wanted to see ''live' but no traps here for a while as some really dodgy weather!  Wet again tonight! Grrrrrrrr

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Yes last night was my "window" of opportunity, weather not too good here either.

Best wishes

• Yep, the December moth does look a fine moth. 

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Thanks Nigel, it's not a big moth but has lovely colours & markings & if you're doing a live trap they come hurtling in at speed quite early on & are very impressive.

Best wishes