Can anyone ID this Pam please www.flickr.com/.../29844299477

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Possibly Cabbage Moth!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

WendyBartter said:

Have become involved in searching for leaf mines on various plants, impossibly tiny larvae, pupae & moths to get decent pics of!

Will your publication be available online, can look at pics & layout even if can't read the text!

It sounds like a good way to go mad Wendy. First thing is to try & identify the tree/bush!! You're very brave.

Yes, hopefully available for free download but maybe not straight away. I'm not sure as it's the Naturel History Museum at la Rochelle that are sorting the publication. I'll let you know!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Hazel C said:
    It sounds like a good way to go mad Wendy. First thing is to try & identify the tree/bush!! You're very brave

Beginning to find that out H, but not that brave 'cos only using what is growing in garden, seems that I have quite a few host plants now!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

I did try & raise some of the little devils that eat the leeks, but they never hatched. It's a Tortricidae type of moth. Well, good luck & keep us posted.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Have been checking White Poplar, Convolvulus & Bramble, had two little wigglers ... lost the first one & the second may have accidentally got squished ... sooo impossibly tiny to deal with!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Any ideas? Found this on the ground where an old blackberry bush had been recently uprooted

• In reply to Sandra :

That's a biggie, just have to ID it now, doesn't look like my EHM though! ... Methinks Privet HM ... Ooooh, hope it overwinters successfully!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Thanks Wendy. Whatever it is, it's now in an aerated container covered with some compost. :)

You have just reminded me that I haven't yet posted pic of Buff-tip pupa which I am overwintering for Monkton NR after a lady rescued caterpillar from their compost heap ... no pic of said caterpillar though as it almost immediately went to ground in a pot of orchid compost to start pupationt!!

Uncovered it after a week to check all was well then covered it back over to go into shed for the Winter!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr