All about Insects 2017

• In reply to HAZY:

That's quite an unusual sight I'd have thought Hazy, I'm suprised your birds weren't pecking them up!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

The birds seemed to leave them alone fortunately and there are plenty of feeders around for the birds plus live mealworms.    Today we saw Comma and Red Admiral butterflies on the local reserve so mild weather at the moment is prolonging their presence.   Just collected another half dozen bags of debris following the storm and plenty more to do tomorrow -  I know how a hamster on a wheel feels  LOL   just off for a soak now !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

All you hard labourers are making me feel quite weary! Lol

Pics of rescued Red Admiral  on Viola basket ... still curly wing but a bit less so, it had flown by dusk

Expelling last of meconium indoors

Just have to hope it fared well, weather was certainly warm enough all evening!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

I hope your butterfly survived Wendy. It's a hard life for them all. Ron reported large White 2 caterpillars climbing the house wall (outside) & later took photo of one who had arrived in the spiders nest just in time to feed all the babies (in the background).

Yum yum!

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Well spotted Ron, great photo too although feel somewhat sorry for the poor caterpillar !

I was in a bird hide yesterday when something on the window pane drew my attention ......

“Will you walk into my parlour?” said the Spider to the Fly

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

I think the spiders seem to have the upper hand (or leg) at the moment, lots to eat around! Were they upside down or did you stand on your head to take it Hazy? LOL

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Hazel C said:
    Were they upside down or did you stand on your head to take it Hazy? LOL

LOL Hazel,  all I know is that I had to back up so far towards the back wall of the hide (due to the long focal length on the camera)  that  it was lucky I didn't fall out of the upper window !   I have been known to  kneel, lay flat on the ground and also shoot round corners but never standing on my head - so far .... watch this space     rofl 

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to Noisette:

Hazel C said:
    I think the spiders seem to have the upper hand (or leg) at the moment, lots to eat around

This 'fatty' residing in my porch yesterday is testament to that H! Lol

Quickly despatched to garden where she belongs!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Wow, that is a big one Wendy.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

• In reply to James:

Probably would have just fitted on 50p piece JB!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr