Videos anyone?

• In reply to HAZY:

lol Alan,  x-post.      It was so dark by the stumpery I had to lighten the video using YT edit.    They are strange birds, often staying still for long moments as if pondering  !  but if another bird comes close they launch into attack mode lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Nutty is certainly in a very contemplative mood. Is that really ice or snow he's on?

You held the camera very steady. I'd be all over the place hand holding it.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    Is that really ice or snow he's on?

It was snowing this morning earlier on but fast disappearing so I had scoop a handful of snow up to stick on the log which when patted down turned into ice  lol    I tried to put a bit of powder snow on top but by this time the snow had disappeared off the lawn  !!!      The Nutties are so confiding really, guess they are used to me in the garden and often if they spot the bowl of mealies heading out they are the first to appear.   They are not shy at all and this one was around 4 metres away at the most so almost too close for video  lol     The quality deteriorated when put through YT but it was really to show you how bold the Nuthatches can be.    They are bossy little devils with the other birds and even fly towards me and over my head in a bid to assert their authority    lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

Lovely to see Nutty cooling off his feet!, first bit of snow I've seen this winter except up on Snowdon of course.   I remember years ago when we had Nutchatchers in the garden how they were pretty confiding as you say Hazy, I could sit in a deckchair and watch them feed without disturbing them at all, we had young in too, just wish they would return now I have chance with a better camera:-)

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Hope the nuthatches return to your garden Gaynor, we've been lucky to have two pairs and I remember in June 2013 watching the last nutlet fledge from the Oak branch in our garden !   this is an old photo of the moment it fledged and parent coaxing it out of the nest.  

Old pics when I first started photography but sweet moments !      (Nutty fledged just after 1pm on 9th June 2013)

Baby nutty waiting for Mum or Dad to bring the food ...............

Mum or Dad refusing to feed it until it emerges from the nest    lol ..................

Still wanting it's nappy changed   lol .........................

Reward for being brave enough to leave the nest

First tentative steps in its new big world and just before it flew to join Mum and Dad waiting on a branch nearby ................

They have had successful broods each year so really looking forward to welcoming more baby Nutties to the garden around mid June -    although not sure the other small birds will agree with that   lol  

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

I've posted these before, but with the days starting to stretch out I've been thinking about the seabirds starting to return.

St Abbs Head area