Robins for MC

• Not sure what is so interesting above....

just a nice wee pic, as it never stays still long enough to get decent ones!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Good fence post shot that last one Linda. They are dashing about quickly these days, looking for mates I think.

Lot to learn

• A few shots for Paul from Marbury Park and Neumann's flash area...

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• not the best pics ..but it was having a wee quick bath

• little poser today...

• Mrs Little HTR seems to have abandoned the nest in the cypress tree. Maybe there was too much activity for her on the patio. Anyway, Little HTR has been courtship feeding for several days and as of yesterday he has been taking away waxies two or three at a time. He is flying off towards the far end of the school playground. I assume she has nested there. Today I managed to get some pics of him before he landed on the door handle.

Ready for take-off. You can see the tipped tail feathers indicating that he's a first year Robin. Following their first year moult, the tail feathers of a Robin are rounded at the end.

Getting closer and looking rather grumpy.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Gorgeous pics of HTR it is a shame they have left the Cypress tree MC where you would have been able to monitor them easily, but glad he is still courtship feeding. Keeping fingers crossed you get to see more action.

Lot to learn

• Super photos Paul, love the look of concentration as he's about to take off !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• I am guessing this is mating behavour or the robin saying Oh god not again..

and just a few more from today

• Just seen the photos brill