Robins for MC

• Very nice Jimbo

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Leighton Moss Robins

"Hey Mrs …........ you got a camera ?  "

"Well make sure you take my best side and pose "  ……...

All the robins I saw seemed to be paired up so its looking good for breeding season  - didn't see any courtship feeding but they were sticking close together in pairs.

One trying to look its best, keeping those feathers in nice condition .....

the other half ............  enjoying a waxworm 

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Awwww, love the preening Robin, Hazel--thanks!

Kind regards, Ann

• Lots of good looking Robins up there, send one down for Titch please, he seems to be still single.

Lot to learn

• Very nice pictures Hazel, I am up at LM tomorrow with big Jim so might bump into you and Mike :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Ok, I haven't added to this thread lately. The Little HTR's have been flitting around (mainly him) and on January 29th I witnessed Courtship Feeding. Luckily, it appears that she hasn't nested yet, or at least hasn't laid a full clutch, as I see her each day. She tends to be more evasive than he, but over the past week there has been more activity on or near the patio. If I see her, then he isn't far away and always flies across to the kitchen door for waxies. Here are some photos of Mrs Little HTR. He is tucked away in the first pic. He had just had a bath and was preening.

Little HTR is behind the main vertical branch of the flowering currant near the top

Little HTR interrupted his drying off and collected a single wax worm which he gave to Mrs Little HTR. This is her.

This is her a few minutes later and looking rather more 'dinky'

The above photo and those below are from today. Little HTR was busy singing in the holly tree and I managed to lure out Mrs Little HTR with a couple of live waxies. She had been tucked away in the flowering currant, but the waxies piqued her interest.

World's tallest Robin lol

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Lovely catch-up!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Something has definitely got the interest of the world's tallest Robin! Either another Robin or a giant waxworm, I'd guess!

Nige   Flickr

• So after looking at MC's  tallest robin.....

I think I have captured Scotlands fattest  robin lol

not sure if this is the same one....

and standing tall...

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Paul and Linda, Lovely photos--thanks!
    Paul, I think Mrs Little HTR is saying 'Ooooh, Mister! What have you got there?! Please may I have some?!'

Kind regards, Ann