Robins for MC

•  Just a couple of Titch taken this morning as he was having a quick splash

He is doing his fare share of singing, and this morning chased away (I think) another Robin.

Lot to learn

• That other Robin might well be a female admirer. If so, then she will probably persist. Keep your eyes peeled.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Hi Gaynor, happy NY; really lovely to see Titch around, what a cutie pie,

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Thanks MC, yes I will keep alert, we will probably get a cold snap now which might hold the birds back a while.
    Thanks Hazy, and best wishes to you and Mike too, and keep walking even if it does mean stopping for coffee along the way!!

Lot to learn

• A new area and robin for Paul …………..   CWR   (Carsington Water robin)  !

Regards, Hazel 

• Maybe it's the camera angle that's thrown me. Is that the same bird in every pic?

• In reply to monkeycheese:

monkeycheese said:
    Maybe it's the camera angle that's thrown me. Is that the same bird in every pic?

There were at least two robins chasing one another around;   I will have to check the other pics I have and get back to you on that one;   think No.1  robin is different to No.2 & 3 which are the same.   Ok, I've taken a look through the dozen pics and mostly they are the same robin but think these two pics taken same place, around same time are different. …….

Robin 1   (which is same robin as pics  2 & 3)    

Robin 2     looks slightly different …..         will leave it to you to decide as you study them more than me   lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• There are a few Robin photos in today's Gardening for Wildlife blog, written by the RSPB's Adrian Thomas. Either scroll down the first page of this Forum to the list of latest blogs and look for 'Gardening for Wildlife: A Rapture of Robins' or click here:
    community.rspb.org.uk/.../a-rapture-of-robins

Kind regards, Ann

• I finally managed to lure Little HTR from the holly tree and got a few pics of him in the flowering currant earlier this morning. He's still singing his little heart out every day but has yet to attract a female admirer. I have heard the occasional ditting while he's been singing, but I have yet to see the Robin responsible. Hopefully there will be a female around soon. Pairing up time often provides decent photo ops.

• Lovely to see HTR posing so well for you MC. It is an exciting time for the Robins now, I had Titch fluttering at me in the window the other day, I opened the door of the shed and in he flew for his pastry, and what a different bird he was, in and out very quickly and carrying a piece of pastry to tempt the female no doubt, since then he has slowed down once more and is singing from the hedgetop and coming over to me when I'm out in the garden, so the female didn't stay around evidently.

Lot to learn