Robins for MC

• What a little beauty Paul, it looks in perfect health so it should do well thanks to all the feeding and TLC; I know how much you will miss it but well done on behalf of humans and robins everywhere ! Did the vet not know it was a juvenile robin ? not taking any pets (if I had any) to that surgery lol !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to Alan.:

Alan. said:

quite amazing;   although I've never been 100% fan of ringing it does go to show the interesting information you can get back on some birds and without such facts we would know so much less about birds and their epic journeys.    I suggest anyone who hasn't been to a ringing session attends one (they do this at BirdFair in Rutland each year and at some rspb and nature reserves) as it certainly put a different perspective on things when I saw the care and expertise and total respect for the bird in hand.   Data is crucial for understanding population changes and global movement of birds.    I'd still prefer no rings or tags on the birds but until there's another way other than satellite tracking then so be it if the data is so vital and ultimately there to help monitor species in danger of disappearing from the planet.

Regards, Hazel 

•  It is amazing Hazy, and why do some go and some stay?   Is it the availability of food or is there another reason?     Here is a photo of Titch who is three this year and moulting nicely, certainly hasn't tried it abroad or maybe got to the border and didn't understand the lingo!!  

His head is no longer spikey but the tail feathers came out the other day and now it looks as if they are growing back.

Lot to learn

• Lovely to see tailless Titch, must be a miserable time for birds as they go into moult and expend even more energy growing new feathers after a busy breeding season.

Regards, Hazel 

• It does give this years juveniles the chance to establish themselves while the adult Robins are in hiding during their moult.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Lovely photos Alan.

Lot to learn

• In reply to Alan.:

Very pale legs

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Yep I noticed that too Paul as I was taking the photos, will look at the other birds that are there.

My Flickr photos