Robins for MC

• I've only seen one in my garden and that was before we went to Leighton Moss. The HTR's are still taking wax worms somewhere, so there's still hope.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Hi folks,  it's been a manic month with 15 hour days and now less than two weeks before we complete on our house sale but thought I'd put a few pics up for you, and especially Paul (MC),  as the garden is full of robins !    Not had much time for photos and I had to unpack the camera and lens the other week when I spotted a Willow Warbler on the waterfall.     I won't be back full time yet as still in middle of moving into temporary rental but a few pics for now......

this youngster is very confiding .................

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Thanks for the photos, Hazel, they are wonderful! Best wishes to you and Mike for finishing all of the work involved in moving house!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• I was called to a vets in Streatham on Wednesday, to collect a 'baby Starling' which had been brought into someone's kitchen by their cat. The bird was (fortunately) not harmed and no meds were required. As you can see, the 'Starling' was actually a Robin. Earlier in the thread I mentioned that I wanted a baby Robin in the garden, but this was not what I had in mind! I have been hand feeding him (or her) live wax worms several times an hour and all is well. Tomorrow morning I will be taking the little one to East Sussex Wildlife Rescue Ambulance Service (WRAS), near Uckfield. It's a bit of a journey, but the countryside in that area is ideal for Robins and better than being released in my garden. He's just about at fledging age, so probably won't need to be with them for long.

• They called in the right person to help the little bird even if they had the wrong species MC. I bet it is enjoying the wax worms and good luck with the journey tomorrow, you are a star.

Lot to learn

• Very nice Paul, its looking well so should be ok,

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Waiting to be fed

• Adorable!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well done Paul he/she is looking good.

My Flickr photos