Robins for MC

• Looks for like territorial behaviour to me, unless they haven't paired up yet.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Mrs Little HTR visits once or twice each day and Little HTR invariably takes live waxies from my hand and then gives them to her. Up until this afternoon, I had been unable to photograph them together because I have always had a handful of waxies. When I heard her calling today, I threw the waxies into a flower pot, grabbed the camera and waited for him to feed her. I missed the first feeding but managed to get the second. I also got one nice pic of her waiting to be fed. I'd say she's incubating, based on her brood patch and the fact that he keeps taking away live waxies each day.

• In reply to monkeycheese:

monkeycheese said:
    Looks for like territorial behaviour to me, unless they haven't paired up yet.

Nooooooo! I was hoping they were  a breeding pair.  Thanks MC for your expertise .

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• They could be. It just means the male simply hasn't recognised her, or it's an intruding male with its back to you.

• Here are a few pics from today of Little HTR. I had to tweak the first one as the sun was behind him and made the whole thing too dark. The blossom of the plum tree makes for a nice background.

• In reply to monkeycheese:

Very nice pics MC

• (Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Gorgeous pics of Little HTR MC he is looking very smart and nice to see your plum tree in blossom.

Linda your Robin is still coming, good as his little feet will get sore on that fence:-((

Lot to learn

• Thanks for the lovely pics, everyone, and Paul, thanks especially for the shots of Little HTR! He is a beauty and also I Iove the pics of him feeding Mrs Little HTR. Hope this brood is a success.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• which is my best side?