All about Insects (2015 to March 2017)

• In reply to WendyBartter:

A good way to start the year on this thread. I've just seen the start of this documentary in English on Arte but available here www.youtube.com/watch on You tube. It's apparantly "excellent" & all about moths & butterflies. I'm off out now but will try & watch it tomorrow.

Ooops sorry, done it again, it's in French! Nicely done, I just get confused sometimes! Ummm! Send for the men in white coats.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

That's a stunning video, Hazel. I can't follow all of it but I can get the gist of some of it. It's pretty long so I've downloaded it to watch later.

You ought to start a new thread for "All about insects 2017". I'm bored with birds (not really) so can't wait for the insect season to start especially butterflies and odonata.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

I've also watched about half of it& hope it stays on line, it may be available with English commentary as it's German made & the French is dubbed. I'll try & find out! Well worth the effort anyway. Will start a new thread soon. Got a nice beetle to go on!

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Sunny this morning and the sun is quite warm. It's bringing out the insects.

A Buff-tailed Bumblebee (I think) feeding on crocus

The first hoverfly I've seen this year. I think it's the common Marmalade Hoverfly (Episyrphus balteatus)

It seems to have quite a long rear appendage. Does this mean it's a female?

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

How nice it is to see the bees and hoverflies, beautiful phtoos Tony;    signs of spring at last  :)     As you say, lovely day and I've been watching the siskins again but no camera this time, just a cup of tea in my hand  !  

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

New bug hotel ready for guests

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

It's tipping down here, no sign of insects today. Good to see these additions.

Alan your bugs will be snug in that!

Shall I start a thread for 2017 (ish) or shall we carry on with this one?

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Hazel C said:

It's up to you Hazel personally I like to see the years in their own threads.

If you do start a new one put the new link in here and the link to this thread in your new one, but either way it's ok by me.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Noisette:

Hazel C said:

I think it would be a good idea to start a new 2017 thread. We haven't posted much so far this year.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to Alan.:

OK new thread HERE

P.S. Not sure about your hoverfly TJ, I'll look it up if I can! Where's Edge?

Best wishes