An evening of Shadows and Light at the Ferry!

The weather couldn't make its mind up this evening - golden sunlight one minute, towering clouds the next!  This made for some lovely light conditions and was just begging for a camera.

This juvenile gull wasn't really concerned about the light - it just wanted to preen:

Off it goes:

A lovely black-headed gull enjoys the last of the daylight:

This greater black-backed gull looks even more impressive in flight:

'Don't you point that thing at us!'

'DUCK'

'I'm watching you.......you behave yourself'

'What do you mean, you like my backdrop?'

A lovely Waggy chats from one of the boats:

The black-headed gulls were doing a magnificent job of posing against the light conditions:

This herring gull is having a quiet preen on the beach:

It's never too late in the day for a synchronised shout:

'Shout?  Who, us?'

'Yes, you - you'll bring the neighbourhood into disrepute if you carry on like it'

Looking upriver from the jetty:

• Wonderful set of photos Clare and the lighting is beautiful especially number 11, looks amazing.    Today was such a strange one weatherwise, as you say, one minute bright sunshine, blue sky, the next minute dark clouds and we had torrential showers throughout the day.  Must be lovely to live near the coast, always great shots to be had, thanks for sharing these Clare.  

• I'm with Hazy, No.11 is a splendid shot of the harbour in glorious lighting.   Years ago I remember wandering down to a boat moored in Cardiff docks through the mud, not glamorous at all, but your harbour looks really lovely with the tide in in your last photo.  Great flight shots again Clare against the golden backdrop.

• Lovely set of photos Clare-you did well to get photos of birds in low light. I've tried,but mine quickly get deleted they're that bad!

Jayne

• My ISO setting got gradually higher throughout the evening!  I did dump quite a lot of my snaps - I'm glad I had enough left for a thread.